Choosing a great HVAC/Plumbing contractor, like Smylie One, to install a new furnace, central air conditioner, or install a new plumbing fixture, can be as important as the equipment you choose, because proper installation and maintenance is needed for the equipment to operate safely, reliably, and at maximum efficiency. Here are some questions and answers from Smylie One.
Before You Make a Decision, Ask These 20 Basic Questions:
1. How long has the company been in business?
The Smylie family has been servicing Northeast, Ohio since the 1955.
2. How many certified service technicians and installation technicians does the company have?
Currently Smylie One has over 25 certified service, installation, and plumbing technicians. This number grows every year!
3. Does the company provide a specific, detailed hand-written proposal?
Smylie One will spend significant time inspecting your current system and home to assess your comfort needs. After the whole home evaluation we will provide you with a proposal which will be extremely thorough providing brands, model numbers, sizing information, warranties and much more.
4. Is the company a member in good standing with the BBB?
Smylie One is in good standing with the BBB and if any disputes arise, we handle them promptly with professionalism and ethics.
5. Has the company received awards for outstanding service in plumbing, heating and air conditioning?
Smylie One has won the distinguished Bryant Medal of Excellence and Circle of Champion Awards.
6. Is the company available evenings and weekends with call takers and technicians to handle any service calls or emergencies?
Smylie One is a full service 24/7/365 company. We have live call takers at nights and weekends that can dispatch a technician to your home or business at any time.
7. Does the company survey customers after work is completed to find out the level of customer satisfaction?
We have full time Customer Satisfaction Representatives who place happy calls to our customers after the work has been completed. We also have Customer Satisfaction Surveys available in paper, or on our website.
8. Does the company have adequate liability insurance and proof of it?
Absolutely, and we can provide copies upon request.
9. Does the company provide workers compensation insurance?
We do! A copy can be provided to you upon request.
10. Does the company drug test and background check all employees before hiring them and continue with random tests throughout their employment?
Smylie One is adamant about drug and background checks on all of our hires. We wouldn’t feel comfortable sending a professional technician to your home or business unless we did these tests.
11. Does the company test each employee on their level of technical experience before hiring them?
Smylie One administers testing to qualified applicants. This test is very similar to tests given by RSES or NATE. The results of this test give us a comprehensive evaluation of their technical skills.
12. Does the company subcontract any of their heating, air conditioning, or plumbing work?
Smylie One does not utilize contractors if they can do the work. An example of when we would use a subcontractor would be for hiring a company to lift a heavy commercial rooftop onto a building via a crane.
13. Does the company have a Master State Plumbing License?
Yes we do! Our Ohio State Plumbing License Number is OH LIC #18265
14. Will the company use shoe covers and drop cloths on the job to protect your home and property?
We do utilize shoe covers and drop cloths. It is a Smylie One company policy.
15. Does the company have a policy to show up on time or refund your money?
It is called our Delivery Guarantee. Once an installation date has been schedule, we will show up on that week and stay on the job until we complete the work. If not we will take $100 Off the purchase price.
16. Does the company have a policy regarding no hidden charges on estimates?
Yes we do, it is called our Final Price Guarantee. The price on your proposal is the price you pay. There are no hidden charges, even if we have to do additional work due to an oversight on our part.
17. Does the company have a written 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee?
We do! Smylie One along with Bryant offers a 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee. It would be unwise not to have one!
18. Will the company handle all permits needed for your job?
Smylie One is licensed, bonded and insured in over 50 suburbs throughout Northeast, Ohio. We will handle all of the permits for your installation.
19. Does the company have all necessary state and local licenses to perform the appropriate work?
Smylie One is licensed in the State of Ohio. Our license number is OH LIC #18265
20. Can the company provide me with a list of references for the work I am planning to have done?
If you would like to have references from your neighborhood they can be provided upon a simple request. Please visit our testimonials in the website as well.